Anti-social Behaviour

South Gloucestershire Council

Report anti-social behaviour by calling the Council Offices. If you are unable to use the telephone or are afraid to come forward, ask a friend or neighbour to contact us. Everything you tell us is treated in confidence.

It is helpful if you can write the details down before contacting us. We can supply you with an incident diary to record events if you need one. We will record, investigate and monitor complaints of anti-social behaviour providing a coordinated response to ensure positive action is taken. We will provide both victims and witnesses with support.

If you are a Housing Association tenant, it is important that you also tell your Housing Officer about the problems you are experiencing.

Council Anti-Social Behaviour Team 01454 868582, or email

Follow this link to make a compliment or complaint. For anything else you can contact us here

Useful contact details for reporting to the Police

  • Police (non emergency) 101
  • Police (emergency) 999

Bromford Anti-social Team

We take anti-social behaviour very seriously as we know it takes many forms and can affect your quality of life. Report anti-social behaviour by phone, by completing the form on the website or in person.

We have high expectations of all of our  customers and will deal quickly and firmly with any issues, but we don’t get involved in tit for tat arguments.  We want you to get on with your neighbours and if needs be, make an effort to sort out any differences you may have with them – a calm and reasonable chat will often help sort things out – without the need to get others involved.

However, if you have tried this or you do not feel able to, please use the form on the website to tell us what is happening.

Our service will give you honest advice about what we can and can’t do to put a stop to such behaviour.

What is anti-social behaviour?

Anti-social behaviour comes in many forms, it includes a wide range of unacceptable behaviour from everyday incidents such as noise nuisance to serious criminal acts. The types of behaviour that Bromford considers anti-social include (but not limited to):

  • Rowdy/nuisance behaviour;
  • Verbal abuse/harassment/intimidation/threatening behaviour;
  • Hate related incidents about the victims colour, race, sexuality, ethnicity, disability, faith or national origin;
  • Drug/substance misuse/drug dealing;
  • Alcohol related;
  • Physical violence;
  • Domestic violence;
  • Prostitution/sexual acts/kerb crawling;
  • Litter/rubbish/fly tipping
  • Pets and animal nuisance;

Tell us at once if you, or a neighbour, are suffering from any anti-social behaviour – which can range from rowdy behaviour or verbal abuse to violence and substance abuse.

You can report incidents by phone, by using the form on the website or in person by talking to your neighbourhood coach. Reported incidents will be dealt with promptly by your neighbourhood coach or a member of the Community Safety Team. All of them are trained to help.

Want to know more about anti-social behaviour? Find out what you can do, how we’ll tackle it and where else you can get help in our anti-social behaviour policy.

What We Will Not Investigate

We will not investigate complaints about:

  • Actions which amount to no more than a customer going about their normal everyday activities e.g: complaints of children playing, people staring or complaints that are not a breach of the terms of tenancy.
  • Actions which amount to people not being pleasant to each other but that are not sufficiently serious to justify a landlord’s involvement e.g: people being inconsiderate or thoughtless where there is no breach of tenancy.
  • Complaints about other people having lifestyles that offend others, e.g: issues about differing ways of parenting, who people socialise with, how people dress, what they do in their own homes-unless the behaviour is a breach of tenancy.”

Anti-social behaviour & crime

Everyone has the right to enjoy their home and feel safe in their community. We expect residents to behave respectfully towards one another and to resolve most disagreements by speaking with each other if these happen.

We will find informal solutions to ASB where possible, but we also have some powers as a social landlord under the Anti-Social Behaviour, Crime and Policing Act 2014 that you can read about here.

Evicting someone is a last resort that we can only consider in the most serious of cases.

Community Triggers

The Community Trigger is a process for people who have reported repeated ASB incidents to the police, social landlords, or local authorities but feel that the response they’ve received has not addressed their concerns.

The agencies involved will review the complaints they have received together to see if anything further needs to be done.

You can usually request a Community Trigger by contacting either the police or your local council. Further details can be found here on the Avon & Somerset Police’s website, and the Wiltshire Police’s website.

Report anti-social behaviour